March 28, 2003 10:37am
Epoch and ASACP Fight Against Child Pornography
by: Company Press Release
Epoch Transaction Services has always been active in the battle against child pornography. In fact, Epoch was the first billing processing company to develop such stringent compliance procedures to protect its clients.
When Adult Sites Against Child Pornography (ASACP) began its expansion last year and needed Sponsors to finance this effort. Epoch became one of the five Founding Sponsors. Additionally, Jeff Southworth, Epoch's Director of Sales, volunteered his time as member of the new established ASACP Advisory Council and hosts their quarterly meeting at the Epoch offices.
The goals of ASACP are important and help insure the industry is seen as major force in the effort to end child pornography. Those goals, as listed on the ASACP website are:
* Raising awareness about the subject of child pornography.
* Reporting child pornography sites to the appropriate government and civic organizations.
* Helping the adult site industry to self-regulate as a testimonial of their vigilance against child pornography.
* Increasing this advocacy effort by enhancing relations with governmental agencies and related associations.
* Keeping ASACP members and supporters informed of current legislation pertaining to child pornography laws.
* the ASACP logo displayed on a member site indicates that the site does not contain nor condone child pornography.
ASACP has continued its expansion and needs the industry's support. ASACP recently launched their Approved Member program. Epoch has offered to help promote ASACP membership and we encourage you to join.
Now, you have the same opportunity as Epoch: to support the ASACP mission - help the adult site industry to combat child pornography and provide a vehicle for self-regulation. You can't afford to ignore this - Help ASACP Help the Industry! Become an Approved Member! Don't wait, join today at ASACP.com/membership. Add your company name to the growing list of industry leaders that are the champions in this battle.
For more information, email Joan Irvine at Joan@ASACP.org and meet her at the Phoenix Forum.
Rand at Epoch
Director of Corporate Communications