October 21, 2002 08:03pm
FSC of DC/MD/DC Re-Elects Leadership
Source: FSC DC
by: Company Press Release
(SILVER SPRING, MD) -- Now celebrating its second year, the Free Speech Coalition of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, Inc., re-elected its leadership at the group's annual meeting held in October in Baltimore. The re-elected officers and directors are:
Officers (all officers are also Directors)
- President: Jonathan L. Katz, First Amendment lawyer, Marks & Katz, LLC, Silver Spring, Maryland;
- Vice President: Colleen Browne, Babes2Beasts Studios (Internet company), Washington, DC;
- Secretary-Treasurer: Eric Scheiner, Ryan East Distributors/Eastern Video, Inc. (distributor of entertainment products), Baltimore, Maryland
Directors - Larry Bledsoe, Showcase Theater (cabaret), Beltsville, Maryland;
- Philip T. Hitchcock, Warrenton, Virginia;
- Roger Horwitz, General Video Mid-Atlantic (distributor of entertainment products), Baltimore, Maryland;
- Gerard Kelly, Earle Theatre (movie theater), Baltimore, Maryland;
- Brittany Wilson, Chez Joey (cabaret), Baltimore, Maryland;
Also during the annual meeting, the organization's Community Relations Committee announced the great success of the group's August fundraiser with adult entertainment star Chloe at the Showcase Theater in Beltsville, Maryland. Chloe graciously volunteered her time to the group, and promoted the fundraiser on two area radio interviews.
The group plans another fundraiser and membership drive on February 9, 2003, at the Chez Joey cabaret in Baltimore, to kickoff Valentine's week. The organization is also gearing up for the January 2003 legislative sessions in Maryland and Virginia.
President Jon Katz said: "The Free Speech Coalition of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia has come a long way from a dream of a local pro-adult organization, to the reality of spreading our message to the public, in court, and to government. For us to continue on this successful path, we rely on our strong and effective board members and officers, and on welcoming new members to contribute to our strength in numbers."
The Free Speech Coalition of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia is a chapter of the Free Speech Coalition, Inc. Its mission is to educate, lobby, and support litigation to further the understanding and acceptance of the meaning of the First and Fourth Amendments in general and as they regard adult materials in particular.
For Further Information, Contact:
Jonathan L. Katz, President Free Speech Coalition of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia
1400 Spring Street, Suite 410
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Tel: (301) 495-4300
Fax: (301) 495-8815