February 12, 2002 02:45pm
Celebrate Free Speech Lobbying Days 2002
Source: Free Speech Coalition
by: Bill Margold
For all those Foxe members who would to participate in defending Our Industry from within, here's Your chance to stand-up and be counted. Hope at least a few of you decide to rise to the moment at hand, before the future gets completely out of hand.
You Asked for it - and This Year, you Get it!
Free Speech Coalition Is pleased to announce that our acclaimed lobbying training program is coming to Los Angeles! Celebrate Free Speech Lobbying Days 2002 including a one-day training seminar in the Los Angeles area - April 4th and a full day of lobbying in Sacramento - April 22-23.
For four years, Fsc has conducted our highly regarded lobbying and political action training program in Sacramento as part of Celebrate Free Speech Lobbying Days. Many attendees have asked that we bring the training program to the LA area so that more people in the adult entertainment industry could attend.
This year, that's just what we're doing! Here is your opportunity to gain this invaluable education in political advocacy and activism without the expense of travel. Plus, we've condensed the training package into an intense one-day program to minimize time away from your work. Space is Limited so make your plans Now to attend!
*** Applications are Due by Thursday, February 28!***
Here are some highlights of the program:
* Up-to-date information on legal issues that affect the adult industry
* Basic principles of First and Fourth Amendment law
* How to present our industry's best arguments against censorship
* a broadened vision of your business as part of a large national industry
* Insider knowledge of the political process and how to move within it
* Basic skills in communicating with decision-makers at all levels of government, from the city council to the zoning board to state legislators
* How to research and analyze current law and pending legislation that could negatively affect your business
* How to avoid costly political errors while defending your Constitutional rights
* How to build and work with a coalition of like-minded groups
* How to develop positive media relations
In the Los Angeles area:
at the Airtel Hotel,
7277 Valjean Ave., Van Nuys
Thursday, April 4, 2002
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. -- Training Seminar, "In Defense of Free Speech"
6 p.m. - Cocktails and Buffet Dinner
7 p.m. - General Membership Meeting
$50 Registration Fee includes dinner and a copy of our 96 page training manual, "In Defense of Free Speech." (FSC member fee)
at the Sheraton Grand Hotel
1230 "J" Street, Sacramento
Monday, April 22, 2002
1 p.m. - Training review and legislative update
6 p.m. - Rock with the Stars dance party
Tuesday, April 23, 2002
9 a.m. - Press Conference on the steps of the Capitol
10 a.m - Appointments with legislators and staff all day
6 p.m. - Farewell Cocktail Party
No charge for Sacramento only.
(previous training required)
Questions? Call 800-476-7813.