February 04, 2002 06:22am
Jenna's Journal: Heartbreaker News from Jenna Jameson
by: Company press release
Recognized as the Most Popular Female Adult Star of All Time the world's first "adult action figure" has been released and it's no surprise that it is modeled after Jenna Jameson, the CEO of Club Jenna, Inc. and a Vivid Video headliner.
Jenna teamed up Jerry Macaluso, founder of Plastic Fantasy, Inc. to create "Jenna Doll," the figure, which is anatomically correct in every respect (and we mean every respect), even comes with its own stripper pole and an easily removable purple outfit. The Jenna Doll will be marketed on the websites www.clubjenna.com as well as www.plasticfantasy.com. It will also be sold at the feature adult store Hustler Hollywood and other retail stores throughout the country. Says Jenna: "Hmm, I guess this means I've achieved icon status." the Los Angeles Times said the action figure means "Jameson reaches the true summit of modern success." Jerry Macaluso, the figure's designer, is famed for his design work on products based on "Star Trek," "Aliens," "Predator," "Spiderman," "Power Rangers," and Bruce Lee properties. Plastic Fantasy's sales team reported proudly that within the first week more than half of the 10,000 Limited Edition units had been sold. Jenna and Macaluso are preparing for a body scan for the second action figure in a series - the Talking Jenna Doll. Jenna says she's making G and R-rated versions and suggests that the kids leave the room when the latter speaks.
* National Television: Fox News aired an extensive two-part segment featuring the adult industry on Saturday night's Fox Magazine with Laurie Dhue. Laurie reported that "It's a $10 to $15 billion a year business, bigger than football, basketball and baseball put together". The segments featured a virtual Who's Who of industry leaders and stars, chief among them the undisputed reigning queen of the adult world, Jenna Jameson. AVN publisher Paul Fishbein referred to her as the "No. 1 female porn star of all time." Jenna looked fresh and stylish in a thug-like "Jenna" beanie as she voiced her opinion linking the current surge in popularity of adult entertainment directly to the aftermath of September 11"'. She noted that "A lot of people are spending a lot more time at home, people aren't traveling as much. They spend a lot more time on the Internet, watching movies and taking time for themselves. There are a lot of single people out there who are spending more time at home than usual and what better way than to watch an adult movie or log onto ClubJenna.com."
* Video Sales: "Briana Loves Jenna" has exceeded all expectations of both Club Jenna and Vivid Video. Already the year's most popular video, "Briana Loves Jenna" -- the first movie produced by Jenna Jameson and Justin Sterling -- has acquired a solid perch at the top of both the sales and rental charts across the country, from Tower Records to your local triple-X retailer. The Club Jenna Presents production, with co-star and sister Vivid Girl Briana Banks, is already being hailed as a classic.
* Radio: Jenna appears on the Howard Stern Show when Howard is in Las Vegas on Monday February 4th. Some lucky guy will get a chance to win a nude massage from Jenna during Howard Stern's live broadcast week from the Hard Rock Casino in Las Vegas.
* Magazines: Jenna's personal library of magazines in which she's appeared is closing in on the 1,000 mark. She's of course featured in the Playboy March issue feature "The Women of Porn.' Another recent mainstream feature includes the cover and in-depth interview in the premiere issue of "Swung" magazine, an edgy new Maxim-style magazine. Jenna will be main attraction at the "Swung" launch party for on Saturday, February 9th at Club Voodoo in L.A. Also, the March/April issue of "Revolver" magazine has a very sexy, come-hither photo of Jenna along with a story that refers to her as "The Princess of Porn." "Revolver" says she's "well on her way to joining the Hootchie Hall of Fame," but makes the larger point that "Jameson has managed to crossover into the mainstream" and outlines exactly how she's done it. "Klixxx" magazine for adult Webmasters has Jenna on the cover of its latest issue (Holiday 2001), with the coversine: Strictly Business-an Interview with Jenna Jameson," in which she gives advice on running a profitable Website ("own your own content."). Also, look for Jenna on the cover of the upcoming issue of Guitar World's 2003 Buyer's Guide.
* Animation: Jenna and her team have begun discussions with major "anime" studios about a possible animated Jenna feature. Jenna has previously done voice-overs for animation, but this would be the first full feature based on her adventures.
* Parties: Attendees at the recent Slamdance film festival in Utah got a chance to party with Jenna in person - but they had to wait a bit in frigid weather for the privilege. There was a two-mile ling of cars filed with people waiting to get into the party at Silvermine sponsored by Vivid and Giant L.A.
About Jenna Jameson: Jenna Jameson, who has been recognized as the "top female adult star of all time" (AVN, January 2002) is CEO of ClubJenna, Inc., a film production, Website management firm and licensing organization. She has won virtually every honor the adult industry bestows and continues to acquire accolades. Jenna's current movie releases will be featured in the Vivid Video distribution line. You can visit Jenna at her official Website, www.clubjenna.com, the only place a fan can truly interact with Jenna on the message boards and during her live Web chats. Jenna was featured in Howard Stern's film hit "Private Parts," has made many appearances on national television (E! Channel specials, "The Man Show," "Nash Bridges," "Fox Magazine," "Entertainment Tonight," "Extra," HBO etc.). Born April 9, 1974, she was a Las Vegas showgirl and model as a teenager. She has graced over 300 magazine covers and appeared in nearly 1,000 magazines, from Playboy, Penthouse and Club to Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Allure, Jane and FHM, which consistently ranks her as one of the 100 Most Beautiful Girls in the World).
ClubJenna press Office: Jenna Jameson and Club Jenna, Inc. have a new press office. For interviews and further information contact Sarah Perkins, 212-338-0050, Ext. 3# or Pr@clubjenna.com
For more information: Visit, www.clubjenna.com or call:
ClubJenna Press Office
212-338-0050, Ext. 3#