December 13, 2001 03:26pm
Briana Loves Jenna Blasts Off On Journey to Becoming a Classic
Source: Resource Media
by: Company Press Release
(VAN NUYS, CA) -- Briana Loves Jenna, the scorching new video from Vivid featuring Briana Banks and superstar Jenna Jameson, has taken off like a rocket in what Vivid executives say is a trajectory toward becoming an adult film classic.
"Out the door" sales in its first week rivaled that of the infamous Pam and Tommy Lee video of 1999, according to Vivid sales director Howard Levine, and therefore make Briana Loves Jenna one of the fastest starting adult videos of all time.
The initial sales blast for Briana Loves Jenna was followed by a surge of re-orders in the second week.
The video, which has received a four-star review from AVN, features six scenes, with Jenna starring in five of them. Two are boy/girl scenes, Jenna's first in two years. Some reviewers say the scene between Briana and Jenna is one of the best Girl/Girl scenes ever shot and are predicting it will win industry awards.
Speaking of Jenna, she has teamed up with Kobe Tai to shoot one title for Vivid and another for ClubJenna to be distributed by Vivid. The stars have never before appeared together in a video although their individual features have always been best selling adult titles. The shoots, which took place in early December, marked the first new work by Kobe in two years.
In other Vivid News:
* Vivid Girls Briana Banks, Raylene, and Jenna Jameson cut it up with Adam Corolla and Jimmy Kimmel this month on an episode of Comedy Central's "The Man Show."
* Briana Banks and Dasha are hosting a New Year's party at Opium Garden, a trendy nightspot in South Beach, Miami on Dec. 28.
* Jenna impressed everyone with her articulate defense of the adult industry in late November in a debate at what is usually considered the world's greatest debating society, The Oxford Union in London. She argued against the proposition that "The House Believes that Porn is Harmful." Her side creamed the competition, 204 to 27. Her debate teammates were Malcolm Hutty, Director of The Campaign Against Internet Censorship; Avedon Carol, Director of Feminists Against Censorship; and Mark Stevens, Vice President, the Internet Watch Foundation. The opposition included anti-porn campaigner John Carr, Director of NCH Action for Children and Nigel Williams, Director, ChildNet International.
* Revolver, a new national music monthly, plans to feature a Vivid Girl each month starting with Kira Kener shooting a concert T-shirt layout for the February issue.
* A two-part Vivid Video comic production about porn superheroes, directed by Robby D, has just wrapped. The first installment stars Kira Kener while Cheyenne Silver will have the lead in the second feature. Robby D describes the videos as "very campy, just like an old Batman TV series. " Both videos will be released next year.
* The January-February issue of Maxim's Blender, a cheeky new music magazine, carries a picture of Cheyenne Silver in her underwear and a quote from her answering the question "What should Johnny Knoxville do next?" "I'd like to do a scene with him, something fetish-style: I'd get a bullwhip, take a couple of cracks - I guess he likes pain."
* The VH1 show "Sledgehammer" recently completed a Vivid segment featuring footage from "Rebel Cheerleaders" that will air next Spring.
Contacts for Interviews or further information:
In New York City Ellie Reeve, 212-338-0050 Ext. 3 #, firstname.lastname@example.org
In Van Nuys T.J. DiReda, 818-908-0481 Ext. 158; email@example.com
Resource Media, Inc.
211 E. 43rd St. * Suite 1102
New York NY 10017