September 11, 2012 09:54pm
From the Trenches 9/12
Source: Dave Cummings — Hall of Fame Porn Star
by: Company Press Release
From the Trenches by: Dave Cummings, Hall of Fame Porn Star
Listen up, as this is important. Elections are coming up, and we all need to register to vote - NOW, not next week; and, then we ALL need to actually vote no matter what! No, you can't put off your voter registration. And, yes, you MUST vote on or by Nov 6.
If you think there might be any chance that bookings, work, family, or anything else might keep you from getting to your voting location, apply for an Absentee Ballot Now so you can mail it in Before Nov 6. Do not fail in this, period! Don't put off registering NOW, or actually voting on or before Election Day, November 6. Contact your local Voter Registration Office right Now! Our America needs all eligible citizens to vote. You have the right to vote, and you've got to do this, without fail.
No, I'm not going to pitch any particular candidates or issues to you, but I urge, beg, and pray that you use your computer or that smart phone of yours, along with your eyes, ears and sense of patriotism, to become an informed voter. Watch TV, read Internet news and postings, chat with others, seek opinions from trusted others, and ask questions. Don't leave voting to others; you have the freedom to vote and you MUST be an All American and vote from a basis of knowledge, your beliefs, and your values and preferences. We're big girls and boys now, and we owe it to America to learn about the issues, incumbents, and challengers. Become an Informer Voter!
Dr. Marty Klein is a Certified Sex Therapist and sociologist with a special interest in public policy and sexuality. He has written 6 books, over 100 print articles, and has published 7 sets of training CDs. Each year he trains thousands of professionals in North America and abroad in clinical skills, human sexuality, and policy issues. Here's something from his most recent newsletter which seems timely and related to Sex and the upcoming elections:
"Republicans, Democrats: Here's a Sexual Health Platform the platforms of both major parties are out. When it comes to sex, one is bad, the other worse. So listen up, Dems and GOPers, here's the sexual health plank you desperately need. Presidential aspirants, steal this material at will, and promise the following:
* Sex education: All sex education must be scientifically and medically accurate. Children shall be instructed with the proper names for genitalia on the first day of their first class. Non-public schools and those subjected to the 18th-century practice of home-schooling shall be subject to the same requirements as public schools.
* Municipalities wishing to regulate or limit sexual expression (swing clubs, adult bookstores, etc.) shall be required to demonstrate peer-reviewed scientific proof that they pose a danger to the average person.
* Abortion: You don't want one, don't have one. No one who wants an abortion will be faced with waiting periods, unwanted medical procedures, lectures from doctors, or any other insulting, dangerous, and cynical activities not-so-covertly designed to discourage abortion.
* Other reproductive choices: Contraception has increased the health and well-being of tens of millions of American individuals, families, and children. There shall be no barriers to advertising, selling, or purchasing these supplies. Licensed pharmacists will be required to sell and provide accurate information about these products, the same as they are required to handle all other products.
* Adult pornography: You don't like it, don't watch it. All erotic material made by adults and featuring adults shall be decriminalized. Film productions will have the option, not the obligation, to include condoms and other protective gear. The onerous, unconstitutional 2257 regulations that are driving porn production overseas (free of any American regulation) will be eliminated.
* States will stop taxing strip clubs and nude dance clubs differently than opera, ballet, and showings of Adam Sandler films. Government is not supposed to favor some entertainment content over others; the marketplace does that.
* No one convicted solely of a non-contact sexual offense (exhibitionism, "sexting," etc.) shall be designated a sex offender. No minor shall be designated a sex offender if he or she has not been convicted of coercive sexual violence.
* Government shall stop trolling adult chatrooms for entrapment opportunities. Talking online about sex with another adult will be legal, even if one or both are pretending to be someone (age, gender, etc.) they aren't.
* Same-sex marriage: You don't believe in gay marriage, don't marry a gay person. As long as government gives legal privileges to married people that it denies to single people, all couples wishing to marry can marry.
Of course, there are many other sexual health issues that need to be addressed-regarding STDs, prostitution, sex research, etc. Let's start with the above, and then we can talk about the rest. Oh, the name of this program? Sexual Intelligence.
You may quote anything herein, with the following attribution:
"Reprinted from Sexual IntelligenceT
Marty Klein, Ph.D. (www.SexualIntelligence.org)."
I've quoted Dr Marty Klein in the past, and always welcome his breath-of-fresh-air comments.
And now, Sex! There, I said it, but porn bookings are way down and I miss being able to count on getting paid for having sex on porn sets. Swinging helps, though attendance and the number of swinger parties seem to be ebbing a bit, too; maybe some swinger folks are lying a little low and trying to conserve their money for basic needs in these days of economic challenges. Thankfully, a lot of swinger couples still want to hook-up for sex, and those female swingers like having my penis there so they can enjoy multiple orifice sex. Whew!
I've been continuing to participate in meeting a lot of Welcome Home flights from Afghanistan at a nearby military airfield loaded with smiling military personnel seemingly chomping at the bit to turn in their weapons and run into the arms of their families — what a wonderful site to behold. And, yes, that word "sex" seems to be Very high on their agendas; even the single military guys joke about heading to "A real bar" that evening to try and get lucky with some California girls there. One full Boeing 747 last week had hundreds of smiling returnees and would have made a good place to film smiles for a tooth paste commercial.
Remember, register to vote, get informed, and actually vote Nov 6. Do it!