April 05, 2010 04:42pm
FSC Anti-Piracy Program
Source: Free Speech Coalition (FSC)
by: Company Press Release
(CANOGA PARK, CA) -- Free Speech Coalition’s (FSC) Anti-Piracy Action Program (AP) went live on April 1, offering content producers/providers an affordable, organized approach to dealing with content theft and copyright infringement.
''This project represents a fundamental shift in how the adult entertainment industry deals with Internet-based piracy,'' AP administrator and attorney Gill Sperlein said. ''I am extremely excited that so many studios are taking this giant first step together. I can’t wait to witness the results.''
Production companies that have signed up to participate in AP include Adam & Eve, Wicked Pictures, Digital Playground, Evil Angel Productions, New Sensations, Zero Tolerance, Channel 1 Releasing, AEBN/Raging Stallion, Titan Media, Hot House Entertainment, BelAmi, Kristen Bjorn, Bear Entertainment, Factory Video, Girlfriends Films, Treasure Island Media, as well as distributor Pacific Sun Entertainment and video-on-demand provider Sureflix.
FSC will present an AP panel seminar this week at the Phoenix Forum, on Sat, April 10 from 1-2:30pm.
''For folks coming to the Phoenix Forum, we will demo the software there and, on Saturday, I will be there with Gill and representatives from our software provider to give an overview of the program and sign people up,'' FSC Executive Director Diane Duke said. ''We have a number of studios participating and still more expressing interest in the program. We are setting up ‘go-to-meeting’ conferences on a regular basis to demonstrate the program to content providers.''
FSC’s Anti-Piracy Action Program features include:
· Copyright Registration Counseling – Learn how to register copyrights for your content.
· Infringement Location Services – Use best-of-breed software to fingerprint content and crawl sixteen targeted tube sites.
· Take Down Notices –AP will issue DMCA citations to infringing sites from a law firm that specializes in infringement litigation.
· Content Monetization Option – FSC will negotiate with tube sites, to post trailers that take users to a retail option where they can Purchase content from the AP subscriber producers, similar to promotional trailers used by mainstream companies on sites like YouTube.
· Documented Statistics – Data will be compiled to show producers which websites are infringing content and which content is posted on these sites, as well as how infringers respond to DMCA notices and how quickly. You can then use the data for your own information or as documentation in a lawsuit.
· Pre-Litigation and Litigation Coordination – AP attorney Gill Sperlein will review site ownership, analyze practices and compile data for infringing sites. Sperlein will help producers formulate an individualized approach to legal recourse against infringers, if they choose to do so, as well as develop the possibility of forming litigation groups to prosecute infringing sites.
· Deterrence – Program participants will receive a logo they can use online or on DVD product, warning that the content has been fingerprinted to target infringers for legal action.
· Economical – AP is offered to FSC members, whether you own a big or small company. Fees will be based on the amount of content you want to track. For less than $500 a month, participants can utilize any of the AP resources to fight content theft (separate litigation costs not included).
For more information on AP, or FSC, contact (818) 348-9373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Free Speech Coalition:
The Free Speech Coalition is the national trade organization to the adult entertainment industry. Its mission is to lead, protect and support the growth and well-being of the adult entertainment community.